Saturday, September 25, 2010

Life On The Fast Lane







I had a very good start to my F1 adventure. Thanks to G.H.Mumm, I found myself shuttled to the Paddock Club. Here's my access pass to gastronomic indulgence and people watching at the Singapore Grand Prix.




The fun started for me when our group explored the Jean-Georges Vongeritchen hospitality suite, open to all Paddock Club ticket holders. As an avid foodie more than a racing fan, meeting Jean Georges was a big highlight. I don't usually do this, but I actually asked him if he would take a picture with us. Even though he is a world-famous chef, he was really friendly and obliged happily. He was rather impressed that we even had our own professional photographer, and not using a Blackberry or pocket-size camera. What a surreal moment! Priceless!




Here's my culinary journey at The Paddock Club, created by Chef Jean Georges himself. This hospitality suite is the best place to see all the famous personalities as good food unites people. I saw Bernie Ecclestone, Ong Beng Seng, Christina Ong, a Miss Universe, and probably some drivers I am not familiar with.


This was one of my favourites... black pepper shrimps with sun dried pineapples.


Swimmer crab on toast


F1 Cheese Burger with brie and black truffle dressing


Croque Monsieur, Jean Georges style...


Duck in curry sauce


This dish was so amazing, I had 3 servings. Foie gras on brioche with jam on the side.


Black truffle pizza


What did we drink? G.H.Mumm Cordon Rouge, of course!


The exercise after a night of gastronomic indulgence was a walk down the pit lane. Besides the amazing food by a world renowned chef, the other factor that justified the S$8,500 ticket price was the pit lane tour. Roaring engines filled the air of excitement as we got to walk past the drivers and the theirs teams. I even spotted Sir Richard Branson. This is the closest one can get to the pit lane, garages and the circuit track.








It was a very fun Day One at the Singapore Grand Prix. I will be taking a break today, and gearing up for the race day tomorrow. I wonder what exciting things will be happen tomorrow. Perhaps seeing Miss Elliot in the Paddock Club or a glimpse of Mariah Carey? I shall keep you posted.

Official Site: www.singaporegp.sg

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Car Service from Naples to Positano

    ReplyDelete