Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Equestrian Pursuit


I have always been fascinated with horses, as they are creatures with strength and grace. My very first encounter with these magnificent beings was a pony ride at the Singapore Zoological Garden when I was about six years old. When I moved to London, I decided to take proper riding lessons, since I was living a stone's throw away from Hyde Park. However, a misadventure in the South of France when I got thrown off a horse with one foot stuck in the stirrup (and dragged for a few seconds) put me off equestrian for a couple of years.

It took me five years after the traumatic accident to overcome my fear. I finally decided to try again when I was in Australia in 2006. It was a leisure stroll with no stress, just lots of flies during a hot summer!


Lately, with a new outlook in life, I have devoted my free time to doing activities that I have always wanted to do. Horseback riding has always something I want to get back to doing. After doing some research, I finally found Horse City, a place in Singapore that do not require me to pay a hefty membership fee to join. The best part about this place is that it even offer a one-time trial lesson, so you can try out before committing to a course of 5 or 10 lessons.



Located at Bukit Timah on Turf Club Road (where Picotin restaurant is located), it is situated on the former grounds of the Turf Club. The horses here are all ex-racehorses. There are also ponies for young riders. I signed up for the private one-on-one lessons so I could learn faster. My instructor is an ex-jockey who has lots to teach me about handling horses and riding skills. My last lesson was a breakthrough as I managed to get the horse that I am riding for the very first time to do a series of basic obstacle course. It was a boost to my confidence and gave me an immense joy (one that exceeds the acquisition of any material good).





The best thing about horseback riding is you have to be focused when you are doing it, kinda like when one is doing yoga. There is no competition, you just need to build the rapport with the horse, and let it know you are in control. Animals can sense fear, so staying calm is a virtue.

Should you wish to have a retreat of a different kind, you can check in to Rider's Lodge instead of a hotel in town or Sentosa. The rooms are basic and not fancy, but you get to be in nature and walk over for your riding lessons. There's a dog hotel next door, so it won't be a good idea if you want to sleep in. The lodge is perfect for those who want to ride horses and play golf down the road. There are also other facilities at Horse City... a spa, yoga studio, child care centre, golf school for kids, and many more.



Official Site: www.horsecity.com.sg

1 comment:

  1. Hello all my viewer in this global ,My name is Vivian disc.am from Florida spring Hill I am here to thank almighty GOD fore using Dr Patrick who helped me in my life.I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2015,i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution,so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay.One day I was in the river side thinking where I can get solution.so a lady walked to me telling me why am so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem,she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a Dr Patrick who uses his herbal medicine to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email,so i mail him.He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take,which I followed properly.before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got cured.he can cure any kind of diseases with his herbal medicine like HIV diseases,Cancer diseases,HPV diseases.diabetes ,cured of candida diseases.Syphilis,Hepatitis types of Cancer,Gonorrhea,low SPERM.wining of lottery number ,getting your ex ,pregnancy herbal medicine.quickly contact Dr.Patrick you can also email dr clement drakugbespellhome1@gmail.com or call him +2347061824880 and whats-app

    ReplyDelete