Saturday, January 1, 2011

J'adore 'The Kooples'





The new year brings about new fashion loves. I am loving The Kooples, an edgy French brand that has just hit the British high street over Christmas. Besides razor-sharp tailoring with a touch of Parisian rock star-edge, I am a fan of its creative ad campaign featuring real cool couples.

In short, the style is subtly androgynous and modern, with inspirations drawn from the rock and music. I particularly like the details of skull and crossbones on buttons and a coat of arms. Kinda similar to Zadig & Voltaire if I may say, but in a more smart casual way.

Check out the kooples (cool couples) below in . These are real people and not models. I wish I could see more couples dressing up smartly with a common theme instead of the lame boring way of couple dressing in the same slogan tees. This is massive injection of fashion creativity that my eyes so desire to feast upon while walking down Orchard Road.









I will be checking out The Kooples the next time I am in London or Paris! In the meantime, I am inspired!

Official Sites:
www.thekooples.co.uk
www.kooples.com

No comments:

Post a Comment