Friday, May 20, 2011

Loving My Fascinators

My love affair with fascinators started when I was 19 years old. I was living in London soaking up the Brit culture, and their love for hats and fascinators. What's fascinating is that it took the recent royal wedding of Will & Kate to bring the trend of wearing fascinators mainstream. One word of advice if I may, please wear it with Lady Gaga fierceness or Victoria Beckham coolness. It is a great trend but don't wear it unless you have the attitude to carry it off.


Seen here with Daniel Henney at the recent Prada event at Paragon, I'm wearing my black netted fascinator with feathers. I love it that a fancy hair piece can add the va-va-vroom factor to an outfit.


This is Philip Treacy, the God of millinery. His creations are amazingly beautiful and inspiring. I was so in awe of him that I almost switched from studying fashion design to millinery.


All hail Victoria Beckham. To me, she is fashion royalty. She rocked the fascinator trend with her Philip Treacy. Even her gorgeous husband didn't manage to steal the limelight from her.


Socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson used her Philip Treacy to distract attention away from her crooked nose (from snorting too much cocaine). She was the original IT girl back in the early nougties. I like her style.

Apart from David & Victoria Bekham, the most memorable duo at the royal wedding would have to be Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenia. I love their Lady Gaga style hats by Philip Treacy. That's what I mean by wearing it with attitude. People may not like or get your style, but they sure won't forget you. One must not be mediocre.


Lady Gaga wearing her bejeweled Philip Treacy with a devil-may-care attitude. LOVE Love love!


Check out the new fascinators I bought last week... but I am not telling you here where I bought them. Drop me an email if you would like to know.





No comments:

Post a Comment