Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gaga For The Lady




Vanity Fair rocks. Lady Gaga on the cover of Vanity Fair September issue wins hands down as the best magazine this month. I love Lady Gaga for her determination. I am so inspired by the photo spread that I took the effort to scan the pages to share with you, along with favourite excerpts from the Vanity Fair article.




Lady Gaga transcends cultures and gender, the headline for the opening pages for the spread is aptly titled "Cultural Revolution".

"Lady Gaga was one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people of 2009. She is the highest-ranked newcomer on the Forbes 2010 list - coming in at No. 4 - with earnings of $62million." - page 282, Vanity Fair.



Call her crazy or attention seeking. Say what you want. Beneath the crazy creative costumes lie talent, pure talent. She has truly arrived as designers now want to dress her. She is the perfect specimen for any designer's creative fantasy. Here she wears an Armani Prive dress, corset and boots. If Giorgio Armani can see it, I don't understand why others are so quick to judge? Lady Gaga truly epitomises show business. She is show business. Others can get on with the times or get left behind.



"But comparisons made to other female pop stars are simply beside the point. Gaga has a much better voice than Madonna, and she's got all those serious Rachmaninoff and Beethoven piano chops. Unlike anyone else who ever sang while sitting at a piano - from Carole King to Tori Amos - Gaga has pianos that are actually part of her attire; when she performed at the Museum of Contemporary Art in L.A., her piano was designed by Damien Hirst." - page 282, Vanity Fair.



"I'm not going to change who I am, and New Yorkers know that about me and they don't give a shit. I am my music; I am my art; I am my creativity. When I look into the crowd [at my shows], I feel like I'm looking into tiny little disco-ball mirrors and I'm looking at myself. And when I wake up in the morning, that's what makes my heart ticks." - page 331, Vanity Fair.


*Lady Gaga, if you ever chance upon this blog entry of mine, I want you to know that you inspire me to have no fear and be true to myself.


Get your copy of Vanity Fair September issue before it sells out.

No comments:

Post a Comment