Monday, May 24, 2010

Dozo. A Pleasant Surprise Awaits.


Dozo means "please go ahead" in Japanese. However, when this resto first opened in 2007 at Valley Point, the tv commercial was so crap that I so don't want to "dozo" there. After laughing and bitching about the ad for a couple of months, I finally decided to give the resto a try. I was so impressed with the food that I have been a customer till today... but I was not impressed by the fact that the staff couldn't remember me and kept delivering the same cheesy speeches every time I was there. I like the friendliness but a little sincerity thrown in would have been better.


The decor of this place is primarily red and dark wood. The first impression I had was it felt more like a ktv lounge than a resto. There are also a couple of private dining rooms (they will give it to a party of three pax or more if the resto is not busy). As a true "Haute Foodie", it's the food that matters and I can overlook other small flaws and imperfections.



Let's take a look at the food. I had the same selection twice last week. The resto only serves a degustation menu of modern Japanese cuisine. You can choose 6-course ($39.80++) or 7-course ($59.80++) for lunch, but only 7-course is available for dinner. You get to choose a dish from a selection available for each course.


A refreshing welcome drink that comes in a shot glass sans alcohol.


1st Course : Amuse Bouche (Chef's selection)
Smoked salmon, pan seared scallop, pan fried foie gras.


2nd Course : Foie Gras Chawanmushi With Black Truffle Slice


3rd Course : French Onion Soup


4th Course : Sushi Platter On Wasabi Mayo
(This is currently my favourite main. The best fusion sushi)




4th Course Option : Beef Tenderloin on leaf and hot granite stone.
This was my favourite before. If you like beef, you have to try it.


5th Course : Iced Mallow Apple Melody
(Yes, the drink is considered a course on its own)


6th Course : Freshly Baked Warm Chocolate Cake With Ice Cream


The food presentation is pretty nice and the food tastes really good. If you are in the River Valley area, why not give this resto a try?

* Food pics taken using my Blackberry Bold.

Official Site : www.dozo.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment