Monday, May 3, 2010

For The Love Of Shoes


This post is for all the shoe lovers out there (especially for Drama Princess, who inspired me to write this entry). Carrie Bradshaw from SATC is definitely my modern day Cinderella. Inspired by her love of shoes and her famous quote "I don't need a ring, I just want a really big closet"... I asked my fiance to build me a shoe closet that Carrie would approve. In fact, the shoe closet (not me) got its 15 minutes of fame when it was featured on the cover of Straits Times URBAN.

Below are the 10 nominees for my favourite shoes, in no particular order as I love them all. Also, I am not going to photograph myself wearing them as the shoes deserve their own canvas here.


1. Chanel
- Twisted straps of gold lame and black kidskin suede wedges from Cruise 09. It was love at first sight.


2. Chanel
- Black velvet sandal with heels with ivory-carved effect from Spring 10. Don't you think they look like work of art? Karl Lagerfeld is a genius.


3. Louis Vuitton
- Neon pink patent leather heels with graffiti flower print from the Stephen Sprouse collection. I love that the neon pink makes my outfit stand out when I wear them. Long live pop art!

4. Tabitha Simmons

- Pierced black leather with silver studs boots (named "Lee") are my all time favourite. They add a gothic luxe edge to my outfits and never fail to get me compliments.


5. Giuseppe Zanotti
- The perfect pair of military-inspired heels... complete with leather and silver studs. Bought them two weeks ago and have not worn them yet.


6. Burberry Prorsum
- Checked wedge sandals from my favourite British brand. Christopher Bailey can do no wrong.


7. Steven by Steve Madden
- Chanced upon this tanned leather cut-out heels couple of months ago. Bought them and yet to wear as I am still trying to find the perfect outfit to go along with it.


8. Christian Louboutin
- The red soles that all women love. My new nude patent leather Louboutin named "Yolanda".



9. Miu Miu
- Satin bow heels from SS09 (I think). Only worn them once as the heels are really high. Need a red carpet event to wear them again...


10. Stella McCartney (Exclusive for Net-A-Porter)
- These limited edition unique cloud print wedges are comfortable yet quirky at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment