Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To Market, To Market... To Buy A...

Forget Portobello or Camden Market, the coolest market in London is right smack in Mayfair. Where else can you find the coolest designer names under one roof, conceptualised and curated by Rei Kawakubo (Comme des Garcons).


During my uni days in London as a fashion design student, one of my pastimes was to go around snapping pics of interesting window displays. This habit still stays with me and I still do that whenever I travel to my favourite city.

Contrary to its name, Dover Street Market is actually a multi-label concept store with six floors of fashion lusts and musts. To me, it is like a museum with the best wearable art pieces on offer. The visual merchandising and displays are usually done by the designers themselves. I read somewhere that Alber Elbaz can be found at DSM styling the Lanvin corner.



Even if you aren't buying anything, it is still worthwhile to check out DSM if you like artsy and creative stuff. Every brand has its own unique display at their respective corners... very inspiring to creative peeps like me.



This is the one for Azzedine Alaia. Major lust!


This is for the special Beatles CDG (Comme des Garcons) range...


If you happen to be there, do pick up some souvenirs from the CDG Play range. Even though you can purchase from the DSM E-Shop, it is cheaper to buy it at the main store... not to mention a bigger range to chose from.


I love the t-shirts and little wallets.



Wearing the CDG striped tee in Paris. Tres francais, non?



Official site: www.doverstreetmarket.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment