Friday, May 28, 2010

Have You Met Darcel?


Move over SATC. There's something more interesting and it's DATC. Darcel and the city! Who is Darcel? He is an egg-shaped cyclops character who lives in New York. If I have to use a song to describe what Darcel is about, it would be "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. Darcel is an illustrative blog documenting someone being caught in everyday real life situations in New York (but also relevant to all city dwellers)... sometimes unfortunate ones such as missing the train by a split second or being caught in the rain. Darcel is a animated and assuring way of looking at someone experiencing a miserable day and knowing you are not the only one.



The man behind Darcel is New York based illustrator Craig Redman, of Rinzen art collaboration. I love his blog as he kept his words to a minimum and let his drawings do the talking. This is similar to my philosophy and concept for Style Canvas. I am like a curator of the cyberspace and I present to you my interesting finds. More pics, less words.

Craig is a genius and I am not the only one who think so. Colette Paris has been collaborating with him for years and just did a solo exhibition for him that is ending tomorrow.



Keeping words to a minimum, I leave you with this story about Darcel at the recent launch event for the new Louis Vuitton boutique in London. It was an historic occasion, given that Vuitton’s first international boutique was opened in the city in 1885. Enjoy!












Official Site : www.darceldisappoints.com

No comments:

Post a Comment